Designed for the smallest masonry hearths thanks to its tapered shape, the Destination 1.9 is a compact and easy to install wood insert. Its non-catalytic combustion and its 75% efficiency rate (the highest in its category) make it the perfect choice for those who want to transform their open fireplace into a clean and efficient heat source. To facilitate use and maintenance, its firebox has a hollow bottom for the accumulation of ashes, which helps reduce the frequency of cleaning.
Enjoy a panoramic view of the fire thanks to its large ceramic glass and arched cast iron door, fitted with a discreet black wood handle. The flush mount blower and the removable handle air control concealed in the faceplate louver give the Destination 1.9 a modern, clean finish that showcases the beauty of the flames.
Government incentives may apply to this product.
*Any installation must be done according to the data and drawings detailed in the owner’s manual.
|Fuel type :||Dry cordwood (16″ recommended)|
|Recommended heating area-ft² : (*)||250 – 1,200|
|Overall firebox volume-ft³ :||1.1|
|EPA loading volume-ft³ :||1.03|
|Maximum heat output-dry cordwood : (2)||45,000 BTU/h (13.16 kW)|
|Overall heat output rate < : (2) (3)||8,471 BTU/h (2.48 kW) to 31,700 BTU/h (9.29 kW)|
|Average overall efficiency (dry cordwood) : (3)||75 % (HHV) (4)||80 % (LHV) (5)|
|Optimum efficiency : (6) (7)||82 %|
|Optimum heat transfer efficiency : (8)||78 %|
|Average particulate emissions rate : (9)||1.5 g/h|
|Average CO : (10)||34 g/h|
(1) Values are as measured per test method, except for the recommended heating area, firebox volume, maximum burn time and maximum heat output.
(*) Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
(2) The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³ and reloading intervals ranging from 60 to 120 minutes. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard without any reloading between start and finish. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
(3) As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
(4) Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
(5) Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
(6) Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
(7) Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
(8) The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the wood logs into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
(9) This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
(10) Carbon monoxyde.
|Maximum burn time||7 h|
|High-efficiency certified appliance||Yes, EPA 2020 approved|
|Maximum log length||17″|
|Log positioning||Loading over width|
|Flue outlet diameter||6″|
|Type of chimney||Liner – ULC-S635, CAN/ULC-S640, UL1777|
|Minimum chimney height (feet)||12′|
|Baffle type||C-Cast or equivalent|
|Approved for a mobile home installation||No|
|Shipping Weight||336 lb (152 kg)|
|Door type||Single, glass with cast iron frame|
|Glass type||Ceramic glass|
|Glass surface – dimensions (Width X Height)||18″ X 8 1/8″|
|Glass air-wash system||Yes|
|Premium quality blower included (CFM)||90|
|Overall dimension (Height)||23 7/8″|
|Overall dimension (Width)||36″|
|Overall dimension (Depth)||21″|
|Door opening – dimension (Height)||7 7/8″|
|Door opening – dimension (Width)||18 1/4″|
|Firebox – dimension (Height)||8 7/8″|
|Firebox – dimension (Width)||16 3/4″|
|Firebox – dimension (Depth)||12 3/8″|
|Moulded refractory bricks||Yes|
|Stainless-steel secondary-air system improving gas combustion||Yes|
|Steel thickness – body||3/16″|
|Steel thickness – top||3/16″|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Height)||19″|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Width)||25″|
|Fireplace opening – minimum (Depth)||15 1/2″|
|USA standard (emissions)||EPA|
|Canadian Standard (emissions)||CSA B415.1-10|
|USA standard (safety)||UL 1482, UL 737|
|Canadian standard (safety)||ULC S628|
|Tested and listed as per applicable standards||By an accredited laboratory (CAN/USA)|
|Minimum clearances to combustibles*|
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearance – top (measured from the platform on which the appliance is installed)**||72″||72″|
|Clearance – combustible side mantle to unit||1″||1″|
|Clearance – combustible top mantle to unit||1″||1″|
|Clearance – combustible side wall to unit||16″||16″|
|Clearance – from the shelf to the base of the fireplace||34″||34″|
* The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner’s manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).
** Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
Contact us and a representative will be happy to answer your questions