▪Designed mainly for heating
▪Large, high-efficiency fireplace among the most powerful on the market
▪Retractable double doors for an unrivaled experience
▪EPA 2020 certified
▪Non-catalytic combustion technology
▪Installation authorized on the Island of Montreal
▪Firestop made of high density insulation board
▪Ventis distinctive louvers
▪176 CFM blower included
▪Molded refractory stones
▪6″ Ventis stainless steel anchor plate included
▪Fresh air intake adapter included
Required option: modern faceplate (VBA1570)
Fuel type Dry cordwood (16″ recommended)
Recommended heating area (9) 750 – 2,500 ft²
Overall firebox volume 3.0 ft³
EPA loading volume 2.61 ft³
Maximum burn time (9) 9 h
Maximum heat output-dry cordwood (4) 85,000 BTU/h
Minimum overall heat output rate (4) (5) 18,057 BTU/h (5.29 kW)
Maximum overall heat output rate (4) (5) 49,654 BTU/h (14.55 kW)
Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (HHV) (5) (6) 65.7 %
Average overall efficiency-dry cordwood (LHV) (5) (7) 70.8 %
Optimum efficiency (1) (2) 72 %
Optimum heat transfer efficiency (8) 68 %
Average particulate emission rate (3) 0.99 g/h
Average CO (10) 50.1 g/h
1. Performances based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard at 7 lb/ft³ and with a moisture content between 19% and 25%.
2. Optimum overall efficiency at a specific burn rate (LHV).
3. This appliance is officially tested and certified by an independent agency.
4. The maximum heat output (dry cordwood) is based on a loading density varying between 15 lb/ft³ and 20 lb/ft³. Other performances are based on a fuel load prescribed by the standard. The specified loading density varies between 7 lb/ft³ and 12 lb/ft³. The moisture content is between 19% and 25%.
5. As measured per CSA B415.1-10 stack loss method.
6. Higher Heating Value of the fuel.
7. Lower Heating Value of the fuel.
8. The optimum heat transfer efficiency is for the low burn rate (using HHV) and represents the appliance’s ability to convert the energy contained in the solid fuels into energy transferred to the room in the form of heat and does not take into account the chemical losses during combustion.
9. Recommended heating area and maximum burn time may vary subject to location in home, chimney draft,heat loss factors, climate, fuel type and other variables. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
10. Carbon monoxide.
Premium quality blower included (CFM) 176 CFM included
Certified according to applicable standards CAN/USA accredited laboratory
Combustion technology Non-catalytic
Stainless-steel secondary-air system Yes
Flue outlet diameter 6″
Recommended chimney diameter 6″
Type of chimney CAN/ULC S629, UL 103 HT (2100 °F)
Minimum chimney height 15″
Overall dimension (Width) 41 3/4″
Overall dimension (Height) 49 1/8″
Overall dimension (Depth) 28 7/8″
Door type Double, glass with cast iron frame
Door opening size (Width) 20 3/4″
Door opening size (Height) 10 1/4″
Glass-type Ceramic glass
Glass surface – W x H 18 3/4″ x 11″
Firebox size (Width) 18 7/8″
Firebox size (Height) 16 7/8″
Firebox size (Depth) 17″
Maximum log length 18″
Log positioning Loading over width
Baffle type Ceramic panel
High-efficiency certified appliance Yes, EPA 2020 approved
Canadian Standard (emissions) CSA B415.1-10
USA Standard (emissions) EPA
Canadian Standard (safety) ULC S610
USA Standard (safety) UL 127
Warranty Lifetime limited
Shipping weight 530 lb (240 kg)
Minimum clearances to combustibles*
(Data expressed in inches. 1 inch = 25.4 mm)
|Clearances – Base of the unit to ceiling**||80″||80″|
|Clearances – Combustible top mantle to unit||N/A||N/A|
|Clearances – Combustible side mantle to unit||8″||8″|
|Clearances – Combustible side wall to unit||21″||21″|
|Clearances – Base of the unit to a combustible shelf||N.A. or 48″ non-combustible||N.A. ou 48″ incombustible|
|*The information given on the certification label affixed to the appliance always overrides the information published in any other media (owner’s manual, catalogues, flyers, magazines and/or web sites).|
**Some appliances have been tested with a low ceiling. Before setting up your unit, refer to the installation manual.
Contact us and a representative will be happy to answer your questions